Monday, December 15, 2008

The Start of My Winter Vacation

So now that I have slept for a few days and recovered from teaching undergrads, I can talk about the lovely beginning to this whole six week vacation. I spent this last weekend with my family and best friend, Sandra. On Friday I went and took my grandparents out. I just have to brag again about their age - 91 and 93 (almost 94). Because after all, how cool is it to have grandparents that young???

Then on Friday night, I introduced my dad to lime-cello (which he liked for the record, but not as much as the limoncello - which sort of surprised me. For some reason, guys tend to like the lime one better. My dad is getting in touch with his feminine side). Then Sandra came over. We pretty much put on our pj's and went to bed (remember when sleepovers used to be fun and last all night - not when you are in your last month of the 20s!).

Sadly, Sandra and I were awakened in the middle of the night by her friend calling to say that her apartment was burning down. Everyone got out of the apartment okay, thank goodness (a building with 40 units), but they lost a lot! It is unfortunate and my daily thoughts are with them.

On Saturday, Sandra and I spent the morning playing Boggle and the afternoon sewing a quilt. It was super fun as always. Saturday night I chilled with the parents. Sunday I went to the gym, and then my mom and I went shopping with my adorable nonna. And then Sandra came over and learned all about WiiFit.

And all of this in the midst of a pathetic Utah snowstorm that only yielded about six inches of snow and never had us housebound. What's up with that.

So, my vacation is off to a lovely and relaxing start. And I have a feeling that in six weeks I will be very well rested and ready to take on the undergrads once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I'm still in the throws of finals week. And then next week I have to tackle my class planning for next semester (which I simply didn't do this semester)! Glad to hear your enjoying yourself. I'll wave west at you!