Friday, January 23, 2009

And So Life Continues in Rhode Island!

Hello from the East Coast! I had a lovely wrap up to the vacation. My mom had a little family birthday party for me before I left (with a couple of close friends). I officially turn 30 on Sunday. I am having my own party tonight. But, it feels sort of funny. I haven't seen my friends in seven weeks. It is like I am detached from all of them. But, I'm sure it will be a good time!

I am sort of readjusting to life in Rhode Island. I came back to lots of snow. That was nice. The problem is Bristol is a small town. Normally, when I come home I feel slightly claustrophobic for a couple of days because everything is tiny and smushed together. Well, when it snows a lot, there is NO PLACE to put the snow. So, the make these ridiculous piles of snows that are like 6-8 feet high. I kid you not. Now, I know we have been known to have exceedingly high piles of snow in Utah. But, Utah has space. So, it is not so freaky. But, here, the already narrow, one lane roads are even narrower. Rhode Islanders cannot drive to begin with, and my feeling of claustrophobia is sort of doubled. But, in a couple of days it will go away.

I am in my office today working working working. Finally, right? I couldn't sleep this morning because the people above me have hard wood floors and always seem to wear shoes. So I have had very little sleep, but I feel pretty energized. I'm sure because there is so much to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back... those of us who have already been at work for two weeks feel little pity for how much work you have to do! ;-)

Stephanie said...

LOL!!! Touche, Jenna!